Two brothers from Indiana, Walter W. and Frederick L. Hunzicker founded Hunzicker Brothers in May of 1920. The very first sale for the company was a train carload of light bulbs. The firm was named The Hunzicker Sales Company and merchandised light bulbs and automobile specialties.
In 1924, the name was changed to Hunzicker Brothers and the inventory expanded to include wiring devices, light fixtures and appliances.
The first Lighting Showroom dates back to 1927, comprised approximately 500 square feet, and was a part of the wholesale operation located on East California Street. This location is now canal front property in the Bricktown area of Oklahoma City. Items sold from this showroom included: lighting fixtures, table lamps, waffle irons, toasters, mixers, hair dryers, electric ranges, washing machines and vacuums.
The company continued to grow, new lines of electrical items were added until we became a full line stocking electrical distributor with on of the largest inventories in the southwest. In 1960, the company moved from Bricktown to 501 N. Virginia Avenue. The showroom was expanded to 2,800 square feet.
The Hunzicker Lighting Gallery was opened as a separate company and operation in 1975 by Fritz and Marcia Hunzicker. The showroom was located at Britton Road and May Avenue. This location comprised approximately 8,300 square feet with 2,500 square feet of showroom. The Hunzicker Lighting Gallery was acquired by Hunzicker Brothers from Fritz and Marcia Hunzicker in 1992.
In August 2003, the Hunzicker Lighting Gallery moved to 122nd Street and the Broadway Extension. The new location comprises 18,500 square feet with over 6,000 square feet of showroom with an inventory exceeding $600,000. The new location contains a Lighting Laboratory and Landscape Lighting rooms.
The philosophy of integrity in all our dealings, the very best in service and the most complete inventory of quality merchandise has guided our progress over the last 8 decades. We are dedicated to maintaining the high standards of service and integrity that have provided the foundation on which our business has been built.
Hunzicker Lighting Gallery
The philosophy of integrity in all our dealings, the very best in service and the most complete inventory of quality merchandise has guided our progress over the last 8 decades. We are dedicated to maintaining the high standards of service and integrity that have provided the foundation on which our business has been built. .